Program Coordinator I
School of OutreachPosition:
Full-time, 12 month with benefit packageWage:
$12.058 to $15.073 per hourUnion Affiliation:
Montana Public Employees’ AssociationPosting Date:
The University of Montana Western’s School of Outreach invites applications for a program coordinator. The position will carry out the School of Outreach mission to provide high quality learning opportunities to citizens of all ages. The School of Outreach offers educational experiences at locations on and off campus, as well as sites linked by technology. This position is part of a program development team that reports to the Dean of Outreach.
· Design, plan, and coordinate program services and activities for traditional and non-traditional student
populations. Must be capable of managing multiple program demands in a fast-based environment
with frequent interruptions.
· Accept, review and submit for approval, course proposals for resident, extension, and non-credit
· Build and maintain relationships with academic departments, faculty, students, and community
members. Must be friendly, discrete, and professional.
· Assist and advise students enrolling in Outreach offerings. Must develop knowledge of campus degree
requirements and admission, registration and fee payment procedures.
· Utilize technology applications to market programs, enroll students, deliver services, track enrollments,
and monitor success. Must already possess strong Microsoft Office skills and be willing to learn
publication, learning management, and student enrollment software applications.
· Assist with data management. Compile data for reporting purposes.
· Negotiate contracts with persons teaching credit and non-credit courses. Must adhere to established
contracting procedures and budgeting principles.
· Work as a team member, accepting shared unit tasks as assigned.
· Two years of program coordinator experience
· College degree required
· Evidence of strong writing skills
· Evidence of strong organizational, time-management, customer-service and problem solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Enthusiastic, self-starter
· Aptitude for using technology to accomplish work
· Preference may be granted to candidates who demonstrate experience with learning management
systems, student enrollment systems, web development and social media applications.
To apply, submit resume, cover letter addressing the qualifications and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references. To be fully considered, the letter of application must address all of the job qualifications. Send application materials to:
Patti Lake, Payroll and Benefits Supervisor
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For questions relating to this position contact Anneliese Ripley at 406-683-7309 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin in May of 2017, but will remain open until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for this position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.
Click here for a printable version of the job description.