Feb 10th, 2009
UMW News Bureau
Montana Western is not a typical university.
Montana Western is:
Because of what Montana Western is, Montana Western deserves:
- Unique, we are the only public, higher ed. institution offering Experience One (block scheduling).
- Hands-on, our students learn by doing in real-world environments.
- Quality, our programs and faculty are exceptional.
- Preparing students for success, Experience One is challenging and it makes students work hard.
- Located in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
What is a Brand?
- A brand/image that clearly and concisely communicates the quality and uniqueness of our institution.
For our brand to be successful we must:
- Brand is the sum of the interactions a unique user has with the organization both directly and indirectly.
- Brand is perception.
What we promise to deliver through our brand is:
- Portray the brand to prospective students.
- Deliver what we promise in the brand.
In this effort, our new brand includes:
- Advantage to graduates as they enter the workforce or graduate school because they have hands-on, real-world experiences.
- An innovative and challenging approach to learning.
- A serious, quality higher education.
- An incredible environmental setting.
- A welcoming and people-centered institution.
Three basic princliples guide the development of Montana Western brand elements, they are:
- The university's name. The university's name when used in body text is the (no uppercase "T") University of Montana Western (no hyphen). In all publications and communication we will use our entire name in the first reference and then "Montana Western (preferred) or UMW in subsequent references.
- No hyphen. We will not use UM-Western (umh-western?) in any case.
- Bulldogs. Our preferred mascot name is Bulldogs, not Dawgs.