124th Annual Commencement: Ceremonies II & III
The University of Montana Western will celebrate its 124th Annual Commencement Ceremony in-person and online on Friday, April 30, and Saturday, May 1, 2021.
To ensure the health and safety of the community and guests, this year’s Commencement will be divided into three ceremonies. A graduate’s ceremony is designated by their degree and major.
- Ceremony II: Saturday, May 1 at 10:00 a.m.– Education majors
- Ceremony III: Saturday, May 1 at 3:00 p.m.– Modern History, Psychology, Anthropology and Sociology, English, Visual Arts, Interdisciplinary Social Science, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Environmental Interpretation, Environmental Sustainability, Biology, Ecology, and Associate of Arts/Science majors
In-person attendance is limited to four pre-invited guests per graduate, but all are invited to watch the live stream of each ceremony by visiting the Southwestern Montana News Facebook page. Visit the link below on the day of the ceremony to watch the live stream:
- Each graduate may invite up to 4 guests attend. Guests will be sitting in assigned seating in Straugh Gym that is socially distanced.
- All people in Straugh Gym during the ceremony are expected to wear a mask or other face protectant like a face shield and remain socially distanced.
- Guests showing any sort of symptoms like a fever, sore throat etc., should remain home and take advantage of our live stream services.
For more information about Commencement, please contact the Montana Western Registrar’s Office by calling 406-683-7371.