- This event has passed.
Auditions for the Spring Play!
January 18 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Come audition for Puffs, or Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic! This fast-paced parody of the popular franchise is a great opportunity for actors in the UMW and Dillon Community. For auditions, please be ready to do some cold readings from the script and have a good time. We want to find an energetic cast that can bring this hilarious show to life!
Seeking the following Characters:
- Wayne Hopkins – a boy wizard (but not that boy wizard), ready to take on whatever challenges face him, even if he ! fails again and again
- Oliver Jones – a math savant who would rather study algebra than magic
- Megan Jones – a “goth” Puff who wants nothing to do with being a Puff but is sorted into their house anyway
- Narrator – A real professional Puff when it comes to storytelling
- Ernie Mac and Others (A Very Tall Man, Seamus, A Certain Potions Teacher, Professor Turban, Ghost History Teacher, Professor Locky, Mr. Nick, Sal, Second Headmaster, Real Mr. Moody
- Hannah and Others (First Headmaster, Professor McG, Professor Sproutty, Xavia Jones, Professor Lanny, Runes Teach, Ms. Babble)
- J. Finch Fletchley and Others (Uncle Dave, Goyle, A Far Friar, Clumsy Longbottom, Hermeoone # 3, Viktor, Mr. Bagman, Zach Smith)
- Leanne and Others (Ginny, Helga, Frenchy)
- Sally Perks and Others (Hermeoone, Blondo Malfoy, Rowena, Rita Scooter, Bippy)
- Susie Bones and Others (Harry, Colin, Hermeoone # 2, Ric Gryff, Myrtle)
- Cedric and Mr. Voldy
- Death Buddies
Synopsis: For seven years a certain boy wizard went to a certain Wizard School and conquered evil. This, however, is not his story. This is the story of the Puffs… who just happened to be there too. A tale for anyone who has never been destined to save the world.
The New York Times proclaims PUFFS, “A FAST-PACED ROMP through the ‘Seven Increasingly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic.’ For POTTERphiliacs who grew up alongside Potter and are eager to revisit that world, ‘PUFFS’ exudes a jovial, winking fondness for all things Harry!
This clever and inventive play “never goes more than a minute without a laugh” (Nerdist) giving you a new look at a familiar adventure from the perspective of three potential heroes just trying to make it through a magic school that proves to be very dangerous for children. Alongside them are the Puffs, a group of well-meaning, loyal outsiders with a thing for badgers “who are so lovable and relatable, you’ll leave the theater wishing they were in the stories all along” (Hollywood Life). Their “hilariously heartfelt!” (Metro) and epic journey takes the classic story to new places and reimagines what a boy wizard hero can be.