Montana Western offers unfurnished two-bedroom and one-bedroom apartments for student families on a first-come, first served basis. Apartments include a standard 11’3″X17’10” kitchen/living area, 10’10″X12, 2″ bedroom, and 5’X7’bathroom.
Apply for Family Housing
Due to limited space, Family Housing apartments might not be immediately available upon receipt of a students application for an apartment. A waiting list is kept in the Residence Life Office and students on the waiting list are contacted when an apartment becomes available.
Family Housing Rent
Rent is applied to the students’ Banner account at the beginning of each semester, Charges for partial month occupancy are pro-rated based on 1/30th per day for the partial month.
Tenants accept financial responsibility for the entire semester upon moving into the Family Housing Apartment. Requests for exceptions due to special circumstances should be discussed with the Residence Life Office.
What to Bring
- dishes and
- cooking utensils
- bed linen
- clothes hangers
What not to Bring
- Pets (other than fish in a tank 10 gallons or less)
- Wireless routers
Family Housing Amenities
- Internet Access: Wireless internet is available. All units have the option for Ethernet connections.
- Cable TV: Each apartment has a cable connection.
- Laundry Facilities: Are located in the basement of Family Housing. Laundry machines operate only with a Bulldog Card, so you must deposit money on to your Bulldog Card account to wash and dry clothes. It cost $1.50 for each load in the washing machines and $1.50 for each load in the dryers. Residents can deposit money on their Bulldog Cards at the Residence Life Office/Bulldog Card Center and the Business Office, and over the phone.
- Kitchen: Each unit has a kitchen which includes a sink, 20inch range and refrigerator.
- Bathroom: Each has a tub/shower, sink, toilet and medicine cabinet.
- Mail Services: All students residing in Family housing are assigned a campus mail box located in the Davis Lobby. Addresses are formatted as follows:
750 East Cornell Street, #___
Dillon, MT 59725
- Bicycle Racks: Bicycle racks are available outside of Family Housing. Students are responsible for proper lock-up and security of their bikes.
- Storage Locker: Most Family Housing apartments are assigned a storage locker, which is located in the basement of Family Housing. Residents must provide their own padlock for the security of items in storage.
- Resident Parking: Resident Permits are issued to persons living in Family Housing. They may park anywhere in the designated residence hall lots.