Department: Registrar’s Office
Wage: $12.00 per hour plus complete benefit package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: February 2021
The Administrative Assistant for Registrar Services works in the Registrar and Institutional Research Office and reports to the registrar. This person primarily provides support to the registrar and registrar-related services and is responsible for all aspects of the front-line customer service in the office; transcript and enrollment verification processing; and general clerical duties related to the office, including but not limited to: registrar mail distribution, managing the general registrar e-mail account, phones, record keeping and filing. During key seasons such as commencement and registration, this position may be required to work outside of normal office hours (including evenings and weekends).
The position is responsible for:
- All aspects of the front-line customer service for the office and ensures that customer service is at a high level of excellence via phone call, email correspondence, or in-person communication.
- Interpreting and enforcing university policies and procedures related to the services of the registrar and institutional research office.
- Performing clerical support services for the UMW Registrar’s Office including: answering phones, mail distribution, stocking forms, filing and assuring confidentiality of materials.
- Processing student record requests including but not limited to transcripts, enrollment verifications and academic file requests.
- Assist with the transition to e-Transcript and e-Verification in the National Student Clearinghouse and maintains this system once the transition is complete.
- Assisting with registration preparations, including but not limited to the preparation of registration materials, registering and processing change of schedules, BANNER system set up, reviewing appeal procedures with students, and support in transitions to e-processes and services related to registration and institutional research.
- Assisting with graduation preparation including but not limited to preparing graduation materials and packets, data entry, calling and email campaigns to potential graduates regarding important deadlines and support during the commencement ceremony.
- Providing data cleaning and entry support and organization for institutional research.
- Maintaining student schedule conflict and appeal procedure support including overloading credits and double blocking and determining that appeal materials are gathered, received and provided to the registrar prior to appeal meetings.
- Cash record keeping including the weekly submission of processes to the Business Office and reconciliation reports to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating web pages.
- Processing and filing grade changes and updates.
- Assists and oversees document scanning, data and record maintenance projects for the office.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Associate Degree or related experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer software skills with preferred proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing software
- Exceptional organization and detail-oriented skills
- High quality written and oral communication
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain a pleasant demeanor
- Team focused
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in relations to federal guidelines such as FERPA.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter including three professional references and a completed and signed State of Montana Government Job Application (https://www.umwestern.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/State-Application.pdf). Submit application materials to:
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For additional information, call (406) 683-7471. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.