Position: Full-time (12-month), non-tenure track position with complete benefit package.
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: January 2022
Start Date: Spring 2022
The University of Montana Western invites applicants for an Electronic Resources Librarian, a non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The Electronic Resources Librarian manages the technical services aspects of the library, including cataloging, resource sharing, and the management of electronic resources. The position reports to the Library Director. The position duties evolve rapidly in regard to the adoption of new technologies and in response to the ever-changing roles of libraries. The position requires course instruction.
- Resource sharing
- Manage course reserves
- Manage the entire life cycle of electronic resources using the library services platform (Alma / Primo)
- Committee service to both the university and to a larger academic library consortium
- Frequent continuing education, including some travel
- Course Instruction (5-12 credit hours of teaching per year)
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited master’s in library science or a related advanced degree
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master various emerging technologies
- Willingness to pursue frequent continuing education, including occasional travel
- Ability to work independently, prioritize among multiple competing projects, manage complex workflows, and sustain a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex or highly technical concepts and to work effectively with the IT department
- Ability to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area
- Previous work experience in an academic library
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Previous experience with teaching courses
- Ability to assist faculty with incorporating resources effectively and ethically into their courses
- Experience working with ALMA, Primo, OCLC, Illiad, and LibGuides
- Familiarity with the NASIG Core Competencies for Electronic Resources Librarians https://www.nasig.org/Competencies-Eresources
Application materials should include a letter of interest responding to the position description, a statement of teaching philosophy (≤ 2 pages), a curriculum vitae including contact information for at least three professional references, and official or unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts. All application materials should be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file. Teaching evaluations may be requested at a later time. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Application materials must be sent to:
The University of Montana Western
710 S. Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
Inquiries may be made to Anne Kish @ [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.