Department: Financial Aid
Position: Full-time, 12-month position
Wage: $13.05 – $16.31 per hour plus complete benefit package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: July 2021
The position is responsible for customer service, phones, financial aid email, filing, daily update of screen monitor, office supplies/billing, creation of forms/documents each year, financial aid advising, assisting students/parents with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion, student file creation, processing aid applications, verification, award packaging, and loan revisions, as needed. Oversee work study program (federal & state). Award grant funds as notified by departments & determine if an over-award is created and if so, resolve it. Review and monitor Consortium Agreements & Needs Analysis forms submitted by students. Review and submit Identity reporting to COD. Work with Business Services throughout the year to balance the Work Study programs.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Strong communication skills and able to have consistently positive interpersonal interactions with students, families, agency representatives, faculty and staff.
- Must be able to understand and effectively communicate complex policies to customers and staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to changing job demands.
- Must be willing to cross-train in duties of other staff members.
- Must be comfortable using multiple software/database applications.
- Must be able to be granted access to federal aid databases, meaning cannot be in default on any
- federal loans.
- Ability to organize and coordinate large workloads in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation, research and resolution, data analysis, and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proactive self-starter.
- 2 years of financial aid experience.
- Experience at an institution of higher education.
- Experience with Banner software.
To apply, please complete a State of Montana Job Application (link provided on the ‘Working at UMW’ page) and a letter of application specifically addressing the qualifications and duties described above. Finalists for this position may be subject to a criminal background investigation. Also include the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Submit application materials to:
Administration and Finance
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Louise Driver via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 406-683-7511.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.