Department: Administration and Finance
Position: Full-time, 12-month position plus complete benefit package.
Wage: $16.58 – $20.72 per hour commensurate with experience
Union Affiliation: Exempt
Posting Date: December 2021
As the Recruitment Specialist, you will work independently to efficiently work with campus partners to complete recruitment processes. You will illustrate a high level of initiative and independence; exercise sound judgment and accountability daily to make multiple decisions that significantly impact the campus community; maintain strict confidentiality; always represent the University of Montana Western with integrity and professionalism; and demonstrate efficient time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
Under supervision of the Payroll/Benefits Supervisor performs data entry of payroll, personnel and benefit information into automated Human Resource Information System. Explains procedures and policies to staff, resolves procedural problems and knows and understands leave categories, benefit types and applicable state and federal payroll and personnel laws. Helps employees and retirees with payroll and benefit questions in a patient, courteous and confidential manner. This position will be responsible for helping with the student employment process including employment verification, monitoring work study awards and coding.
We encourage our team members to keep up with the ever-changing industry by actively encouraging them to advance their skills and participate in campus events, committees, and trainings. We encourage engagement by actively listening and considering ideas and suggestions from all team members in matters related to incorporating new practices or the latest tools, materials, and techniques used to streamline work.
- Knowledge of and experience in hiring practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Effective public relations and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and create and maintain effective relationships with the campus community and the general public.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills both written and verbal; ability to explain guidelines and hiring practices to others (faculty, staff, administrative officers and the general public); demonstrated exceptional business English, spelling, composition, and grammar ability; and ability to draft, proofread, and layout various documents for the intended audience.
- Knowledge of professional office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated service aptitude, which includes knowledge of customer service practices and the ability to adapt service delivery to customer expectations.
- Utilize organizational and time management skills to complete tasks accurately and within established deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve, exercise sound judgment and maintain a professional, personable demeanor.
- Project management skills, which includes taking a project from inception to completion.
- Possess a steadfast commitment to diversity, maintaining an inclusive institutional environment, and a demonstrated ability to work closely and constructively with a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to learn and apply Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity guidelines, principles and practices.
- Ability to learn and apply the University of Montana policies and procedures and CBAs.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Banner Database software.
- Ability to research, analyze data and provide appropriate reports.
- Ability to participate in strategic planning.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to apply marketing strategies.
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to two (2) years of progressively responsible experience; or any combination of experience and education to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field.
- Experience with management, hiring, onboarding, and training in a professional capacity.
To apply, please complete a State of Montana Job Application and a letter of application specifically addressing the qualifications and duties described above. Finalists for this position may be subject to a criminal background investigation. Also include the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Submit application materials to:
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Tricia Fiscus via email @ [email protected] or by calling 406-683-7779. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.