Position: Full-time, 12-month position plus complete benefit package
Wage: $18.62-$26.05 per hour commensurate with experience
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: February 2022
- Experience in the prototyping (including User Experience and Interface design knowledge), security, installation, testing, maintenance, updates, and content management of large-scale websites (university or school websites preferred).
- Experience and aptitude for the application of web design principles in the design and implementation process of holistic and individual website elements (menus, image galleries, directories, site search, news articles, events calendars, submission forms, A-Z indexes, etc.).
- Experience working with a PHP-based content management system such as WordPress (strongly preferred) or Joomla.
- Experience with user experience and information design.
- Experience integrating social media APIs into a web presence.
- Experience in CSS optimization/minification (i.e. gulp.js toolkit).
- Experience in generating reports based on website analytics and presenting concise, actionable plans for increasing efficiency and usability.
- Experience with appropriate applications and software for use in web and graphics development (including Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Good communication, writing and editing skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, meets deadlines and stays on schedule
- Knowledge of all aspects of web accessibility and use of appropriate web analytic tools including Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of MySQL.
- Understanding of SSL and data security principles, as well as backup and recovery processes.
- Experience in the artistic application of digital technologies.
- Working knowledge of color theory, layout and design principles and typography.
- General knowledge of computer programs, applications, and publication software.
- Knowledge of graphic arts design principles and concepts, processes and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues.
- Ability to creatively translate concepts into effective visual and interactive websites.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies who possess diverse technical backgrounds and skill levels.
- Ability to manage complex projects, prioritize tasks and complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and faculty during project design phases, including clear communication of feasible project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to research and adopt new technologies and software features related to web design, content management, and accessibility.
- High levels of organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet complicated production timelines, adjust quickly as situations demand, and assure project completion in an atmosphere of change and shifting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web design, graphic design, media arts or digital media, or equivalent experience.
- The WDD may be required to move office supplies as needed (no more than 50 pounds).
To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
Letter of Application stating reasons for interest in the position, addressing the qualifications listed above.
Your current CV. Samples of your work including at least three examples of your designed and programmed websites (with active URLs) with accompanying flow diagrams. The flow diagrams should describe how the site is configured, its main functions, what content management systems are installed, and how/if the site is designed for multiple backend users. Additional samples of work may also be included that feature the applicant’s User Experience/User Interface and graphic designs. Completed State of Montana Government Job Application.
Name, address and telephone number of three references to:
Patti Lake, Personnel Officer
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
For additional information, contact UMW Director of ITS, Mel Ewing, by email at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University and Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Qualified candidates may request veterans‚ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. Finalists for any position will be subject to a criminal background investigation.