X-Block & Summer Session Courses
New for Summer 2021
New this year, Montana Western has created a three-week face to face session in May called the “X-Block”. We are offering six new and exciting courses that epitomize what Experience One is all about. The X-Block is meant to provide a fun learning environment before students leave campus for the summer. The second change to summer is our standard ten-week session is now split into two five- week sessions to offer more flexibility of our online summer offerings. You might consider taking a summer course to get caught up or to get ahead.
- X-Block (Summer Session A): May 3-May 21
- Summer Session B: May 24- June 25
- Summer Session C: June 28 – July 30
- Summer Session BC: May 24 -July 30
EDEC 247: Ideas Worth Spreading: The Importance of Child Growth and Development on…Everything.
(Gen Ed: Behavioral & Social Sciences; class can sub for EDU 222; 4 credits)
ENSC 194: A Balancing Act: Creating A Sustainable Management Plan for the Madison River
(Gen Ed: Natural Science; class can sub for ENSC 121; 4 credits)
HSTR 294: Fear, conflict, and death in a time of pandemic
(Gen Ed: History; 4 credits)
PSCI 294: Seminar- No Law in Deadwood
(Gen Ed: Behavioral & Social Sciences; 4 credits)
REC 391: Backcountry Skills & Leadership for Outdoor Professions
BMGT 343: Managing a Guide and Outfitting Business
(Pair of 2 credit courses are offered sequentially: May 1-9 and May 10-21)
How do I register for X-Block?
Starting March 8 through March 19, students can place a registration reservation by emailing email@example.com to reserve a spot in one of the X-Block courses.
The registration reservation will allow students to pre-register for the X-Block courses only. *Regular registration begins March 29.
Helpful Information About Summer Courses
- Financial Aid is available for summer; contact the Financial Aid Office for details and to see if you qualify: 406-683-7511. As always, to be eligible for federal financial aid, the credits taken must count toward your degree program.
- In some instances, 6 credits are required to be eligible for financial aid. If you plan to take one 4-credit course you could also enroll in (a) another 4 credit course (b) enroll in two 1-credit courses offering in the X-block or (c) complete a summer internship for 2 or more credits.
- Residence Halls will be available for the X-Block (for an additional fee of $300 for 3 weeks).
Please contact your advisor on which course best fits your degree program.
For general X-Block/Summer information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.