You are an international student if you are coming to Montana Western from outside of the United States of America and are not a U.S. citizen. Montana Western welcomes true freshmen, transfer and non-traditional international students.
To apply for international admission:
- Submit a completed UMW Application for Admission (download the printable application, or apply online here).
- Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee. This fee must be paid in U.S. currency.
- Submit a completed supplemental international student application.
- If you are a citizen of a country OTHER than Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland or Wales, you are required to certify your English speaking proficiency by providing an official score report of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Your score must show either a 70 iBT or a 525 on PBT. Applicants may also submit official score reports with a 440 on the SAT Writing Section or an 18 on the Combined English/Writing section of the ACT.
- International student applicants must send to UMW a certified, translated copy of secondary school transcripts or the equivalent. Any college or upper-level transcripts should also be sent. International students who have attended institutions outside the U.S. or Canada must request an evaluation of Academic Credentials from Educational Credential Evaluators. There is a fee associated with this evaluation. Evaluations of credit may not reflect actual college credits accepted by Montana Western. Allow eight to 12 weeks for organizations to complete the evaluation process.
- All international applicants must submit a Certification of Finances from a bank or sponsor verifying that adequate financial resources are available to pay the estimated expenses for the first year of school. Download a printable version of the Certification of Finances form.
- International students must provide a physician-validated record showing immunization for diphtheria, tetanus and polio as well as two doses of measles, mumps and rubella, and a recent skin test for tuberculosis.
Note: When admitted you will receive a notification from the admissions office and an I-20 form needed to obtain a F-1 student visa.