Working at UMW
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 65 full-time faculty and 1,300 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
- No openings at this time
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Equine Studies
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Instructor/Assistant Professor NTT, Computer Science Program Director
- Instructor/Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Assistant Professor of History
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Health & Human Performance
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education (STEM)
- Instructor/Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Education Foundations
- Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor of Business
- Lecturer in Field Experiential Earth Surface Processes (1-year Sabbatical Replacement)
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran’s Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UMW may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All new employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UMW, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).