Your Future Starts Here
The University of Montana Western is the only public university in the country that operates on block scheduling. We call this unique program Experience One. Between our wide array of academic programs and affordable tuition, Montana Western is one of the top universities in the west. The Montana Western Office of Admissions is here to assist you through the admissions process. Please contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Montana Western and Experience One has changed the lives of many students and it could change yours too.
The way in which you apply to Montana Western depends on which prospective student category you fall into. Click on the options below to see which category relates to you.
PURSUE YOUR PASSION
COST OF ATTENDANCE BY SEMESTER FOR 2022-2023
|Meal Plan: Board||$2,005.00||$2,005.00||$2,005.00|
*Tuition is subject to change
First-time freshmen at Montana Western complete an incredible 96 percent of their courses.
Montana Western has increased the number of students receiving degrees by 88 percent in the last 10 years.
Nearly 80 percent of Montana Western graduates find employment in Montana within one year of graduation, as do 88 percent of education majors.
Student application dates
2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Students can submit FAFSA for fall semester
New student registration begins for spring semester
FAFSA priority deadline for fall semester
Housing application opens for fall semester
Spring Bulldog Bound Orientation Day
First day of spring semester
Montana Western scholarship deadline
March 17 & 24
XDAY, Montana Western’s preview day
Bulldog Bound Pre-Orientation Days for registered students
Move-in Day and New Student Orientation begins
First day of the fall semester
University of Montana Western Enrollment Checklist
- Apply for Admission
- Students can submit an application for admissions at https://apply.umwestern.edu/apply/
- Submit additional documentation to be accepted. Click on your student type to see your checklist:
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Students can submit a FAFSA starting on October 1st
- Montana Western’s FAFSA priority deadline is December 1st
- Financial Aid – Step by Step
- Apply for Scholarships
- Scholarship Priority Deadline is January 15
- Scholarship Application
- Register for Classes
- New student registration will open in late November for spring semester and late April for fall and summer semester.
- Apply for Housing
- Register for Bulldog Bound and New Student Orientation
- Once you register for your classes, you will receive information about Bulldog Bound and Orientation via email.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Applying for federal financial aid is the best way to help pay for college. The deadline to apply is December 1st. Contact us if you need help
An enriching extracurricular life is crucial to a positive experience as a student, and Montana Western is brimming with activities, organizations, student groups, clubs and solid support networks. We are here to help our students along their educational journeys.