Sent on Behalf of the Financial Aid Office: CARES Act Student Assistance Reminder
Montana Western Students,
There are still funds available through the federal CARES Act. If you have not yet submitted a request using the online form for financial assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
Submit the online form to request funds by clicking on the link below:
Montana Western is grateful to have the opportunity to deliver extra financial support to qualifying students during the COVID-19 pandemic. The federal government recently passed the CARES Act, which allocates emergency relief funding for eligible college students to address pressing needs due to the disruption of campus operations.
If you are a Montana Western student eligible for financial aid and your financial situation was negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can apply to receive a lump sum of up to $800. The funding is limited and will be awarded based on the level of student need.
Eligibility Requirements Per Federal Regulations:
- Have completed FAFSA for 2019-2020
- Have a declared major that is eligible for financial aid
- Be enrolled in Spring 2020 for at least 1 credit hour on or after March 23
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress during Spring 2020
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Completed at least one credit hour in Spring 2020 with a grade of D or better
Ineligible Students Per Federal Regulations:
- Students enrolled in a completely online program
- Students in default of federal student loans
- Students who have already received a refund for housing and a meal plan will only be considered for educational-related expenses submitted on the online form
Please submit this form as soon as possible if you have been financially impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic as funds are limited. If you have questions about the CARES Act or your eligibility, please contact Louise Driver, Director of Financial Aid, at [email protected] or 406-683-7893.