Learning on “the Block” allows students the ability to focus on and experience one course at a time, but still graduate in four years. At UMW, students take four blocks each semester, with one course per block. More than an effective way to learn, this allows students the chance to really dig into a content area, gain real-world experience, and graduate with a strong resume and practical work portfolio that employers and graduate schools are looking for. Our teaching faculty are able to spend more time per student. While you are taking one course at a time, your professor is also only teaching one course at a time. This makes the professors at the University of Montana Western some of the most accessible teaching faculty in the world!
Best Value in Montana
Montana Western is the lowest cost university in the state of Montana. Our block learning course delivery schedule allows students to thrive during their college experience and aligns with many employment options in the community, making college with minimal student loan debt a real possibility. Most UMW-bound students qualify for scholarships, further lowering the cost of attendance
- The University of Montana Western is located within a short drive to world-renowned fly-fishing, hiking, skiing, and historical sites of the American West.
- Students at Montana Western are connected with local employment opportunities and internships.
- A vibrant student life, collegiate sports, and exciting opportunities to be involved in the arts, theatre, and a wide variety of student clubs allow our students to connect and thrive!
- Our block learning program makes classes and homework efficient and effective. But it also gives students more opportunities for a life outside of class. With one class a day, students are able to make the most of their free time.
- We’re here for you! Offering a variety of student support services including the Learning and Career Center, counseling, and a variety of wellness activities and programming, we make sure your time at UMW meets each student’s goals.