Montana Western Faculty, Staff and Students,
The Beaverhead County Public Health Department (BCPHD) will host the next Community Phase 1B COVID-19 vaccination clinic on Friday, March 5th, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on our campus. This is expected to continue through at least the end of the spring semester as BCPHD continues to administer vaccines as directed by the State’s vaccination plan. For questions regarding these vaccinations or to make an appointment, please call 406-683-3203.
Persons qualifying for Phase 1B vaccinations include:
• American Indians and other people of color who may be at elevated risk for COVID-19 complications
• Persons aged 16-69 with high-risk medical conditions.
Qualifying medical conditions include:
o Chronic kidney disease
o COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
o Down Syndrome
o Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
o Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
o Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
o Sickle cell disease
o Type 1 & 2 Diabetes mellitus
o On a case-by-case basis, medical providers may include individuals with other conditions that place them at elevated risk for COVID-19 related complications.
• Persons aged 70 years and older
- The entire BARC parking lot will be closed every Friday to accommodate the large number of individuals attending the vaccination clinics.
- Some of our local first responders will be present to assist Public Health with managing traffic flow.
- We will not have on-campus COVID-19 Rapid Testing for students on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays continuing this week.
- Students, you can still get tested at the Community Health Clinic Drive-Up from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please call 406-683-4440 to schedule an appointment if you would like to be tested on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.
- On-campus rapid testing will continue to be offered to students on Mondays and Wednesdays each week, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the garage of the Dean of Students Center. You can schedule your drive-up test by calling 406-683-7388.
We would like to thank all of you for your continued support and understanding as these vaccination clinics continue. By sharing the BARC parking lot and Keltz Arena space with our community partners, we are helping to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
We hope you have a wonderful week. Be well, Bulldogs!
Sadie Caltrider, COVID-19 Testing Coordinator
Baylee Rawson, COVID-19 Communications Coordinator