In accordance with the direction from Commissioner Christian, the Montana Western Lucy Carson Library will close the library building to in-person visits as of Friday, March 20, to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
Beginning Friday, March 20, (until further notice) the library will move to “Restricted Access and Curtailed Operations.” The library is committed to continuing to offer remote support to both students and faculty engaged in remote course work and delivery. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding during this time.
During this time, the library will:
- Shift focus to increase production of resources that support remote learning and teaching. Please let us know of any resources that will be helpful to you and to your students.
- Continue, as usual, to provide the support that enables 24/7 remote access to electronic collections.
- Library staff will be available to faculty and students for Virtual Reference appointments via phone, Zoom, or email. Suspend physical item Inter-Library Loan. Electronic article delivery will continue.
- Fulfill faculty requests for scanned electronic delivery of physical item course reserves, as allowable under Fair Use Guidelines. Librarians are available to assist instructors with finding alternate course materials.
- Meet remotely with faculty to brainstorm new and creative ways to continue meeting information needs.
Please contact the library with any questions at 406-683-7542 or email [email protected].