Montana Western Faculty, Staff, and Students,
Beginning on March 8, 2021, Montana will expand Phase 1B vaccine eligibility, referring to this as Phase 1B+. This expansion will lower the qualifying age and include an extended list of qualifying medical conditions. Individuals that qualify for Phase 1B or Phase 1B+ should call Beaverhead County Public Health at 406-683-3203 to schedule an appointment.
Phase 1B and 1B+ recipients include:
- Persons aged 60 years and older.
- American Indians and other people of color who may be at elevated risk for COVID-19 complications.
- Persons aged 16-59 with high-risk medical conditions, including:
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as Heart Failure, Coronary Artery Disease, or Cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised State (weakened immune system):
- Solid Organ Transplant
- Blood or bone marrow transplant
- Immune deficiencies
- Use of corticosteroids or other immune-weakening medications
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Type 1 & 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Liver disease
- Neurologic conditions such as dementia
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- On a case-by-case basis, medical providers may include individuals with other conditions that place them at elevated risk for COVID-19 related complications. Please contact your healthcare provider if you think this may pertain to you.
If you have any questions about where you may fit within the phases of the state’s vaccination plan, please contact the Beaverhead County Public Health Department at 406-683-4771.
As a reminder, the entire BARC parking lot will be closed this Friday to accommodate this week’s vaccination clinic.
Be well, Bulldogs!
Sadie Caltrider, COVID-19 Testing Coordinator
Baylee Rawson, COVID-19 Communications Coordinator