Computer Systems Analyst I
Department: Information Technology Services
Wage: $18.19 – $24.50 per hour plus full benefits package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: May 2022
The Computer Systems Analyst I is the functional expert and analyst and for the Banner Student Information System at UM Western. This role covers the Admissions, Accounts Receivable, Financial Aid, Faculty Self Service and Student Self Service modules. Working primarily with Business Services, Admissions, the Registrar’s Office and Financial Aid to assist with enhancing the utilization of Banner and various other Information Technology systems on campus. This position is also the point of contact for the campus telephone services. Being responsible for overall telephone system oversight including user assistance and training, as well as coordination of telephone moves, additions, and changes on campus. This position oversees the maintenance of the user information associated with the campus network port billing, and the telephone station and voice mail system.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate updates, patches and other software changes to the Banner system.
- Coordinate routine training on the use of the Banner SIS for faculty and staff.
- Leads the campus Banner User Group to help guide the deployment, training, and use of Banner across the campus.
- Work closely with the administrative offices on campus to review existing processes and attempt to streamline and automate existing processes as well as implementing new processes as required.
- Work with administrative offices to assist with both setup and utilization of various Banner Student Information System modules.
- Responsible for Telephone System oversight including user assistance, training, and coordination of telephone moves, adds, and changes.
- Document changes to programs, environment settings and system configurations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with IT staff on related issues.
An associate degree from an accredited college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application experience preferred:
- Troubleshooting experience in the Banner, Oracle and/or Linux environments.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation as well as the ability to then communicate technical information to a diverse group of users.
- Be familiar with database tools such as Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and co-workers, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
- Can work independently.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision.
To apply, submit a resume, a letter of interest, which specifically addresses the qualifications and responsibilities described above, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three current professional references.
Submit application materials to:
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University & Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran’s Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UMW may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UMW, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).