COVID-19 Guidelines Reminder and Syllabus Language
This message was sent to all faculty, staff, and students.
The UMW COVID-19 Taskforce would like to remind/inform you of the following items:
- The UMW COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-2022 are available for your review on our website.
- We will continue to coordinate our mitigation efforts with Beaverhead County Public Health.
- Beaverhead County Public Health and UMW recommend that all individuals consult with their healthcare provider on an appropriate vaccination plan.
- Vaccination clinics will be available for students on campus through Public/Community Health during the upcoming semester. Information about these clinics will be provided as it becomes available.
- Stay home when you are sick, and please remind your students and employees to do the same as well as practicing frequent hand washing.
COVID-19 Syllabus Language:
- Faculty are encouraged to copy language from the UMW COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-2022 for use in syllabi.
In addition, faculty may include the following language about masking and vaccination:
- To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, UMW and Beaverhead County Public Healthstrongly encourage wearing a mask indoors whenever social distancing isn’t possible, including in classrooms.
- UMW and Beaverhead County Public Health also encourage all students, staff, and faculty to work with their healthcare provider to determine an appropriate vaccination course.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us to provide a healthy environment for our students and each other for the academic year. We understand that this is an evolving and sometimes stressful time and we appreciate everything you are doing for our campus and community.
If you have any questions, please contact Dean of Students and UMW COVID-19 Taskforce Chair, Nicole Hazelbaker:[email protected] or 406-683-7900.