Financial Aid Specialist II
Department: Financial Aid
Wage: $14.97-$18.72 per hour plus complete benefit package
Union Affiliation: MFPE
Posting Date: June 2022
The position is responsible for customer service, phones, financial aid advising, assisting students/parents with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion, student file creation, processing aid applications, verification, award packaging, and loan revisions, as needed. VA Certification and Reconciliation. Work with Business Services throughout the year to balance the Pell Grant program/Loan Programs. Daily ISIR sending/receiving as well as Pell/Loan originations and disbursements. Process Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) due to student withdrawals. Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Strong communication skills and able to have consistently positive interpersonal interactions with students, families, agency representatives, faculty and staff.
- Must be able to understand and effectively communicate complex policies to customers and staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to adjust quickly to changing job demands.
- Must be willing to cross-train in duties of other staff members.
- Must be comfortable using multiple software/database applications.
- Must be able to be granted access to federal aid databases, meaning cannot be in default on any
- federal loans.
- Ability to organize and coordinate large workloads in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation, research and resolution, data analysis, and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proactive self-starter.
- 2 years of financial aid experience.
- Experience at an institution of higher education.
- Experience with Banner software.
Review of applications will begin immediately, but will remain open until the position is filled. Apply online at https://bit.ly/3448FinAidSpec
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
For additional information contact Louise Driver at (406) 683-7893 or by email at [email protected] . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University and Dillon Area
The University of Montana Western is a dynamic, innovative, undergraduate university with over 60 full-time faculty and 1,500 students. It is located in Dillon, Montana in the scenic Rocky Mountains and has been awarded numerous top national rankings for delivering high quality, affordable education.
Montana Western is the only public four-year college in the nation offering Experience One (X1), experiential learning delivered on the block schedule. Class sizes are small and students take a single course at a time, three hours each day for 18 days, before moving on to the next course. Each course is four credits and four blocks are offered each semester. The block schedule facilitates field and lab work, undergraduate research, study travel, and interdisciplinary teaching. Montana Western’s faculty strongly believe in mentoring and inspiring students, and assisting them in the transition from university life to professional careers.
The University of Montana Western is an integral part of the Dillon Community. With a population of 5,000 people, Dillon is known for outstanding public schools, safe environments, recreational opportunities, and an excellent quality of life.
The University of Montana Western is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from qualified women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities. Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran’s Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UMW may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions.
Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UMW, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).