Welcome to Accepting Your Award Offer. Follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Montana Western Students page
Click on DAWGS and log in. If it is your first time logging into DAWGS, use your school ID number (8000#) and 6 digit date of birth (mmddyy), otherwise use your school ID number and the password you created after initially logging into DAWGS for the first time.
Click on “Financial Aid”, then “Award”, then “Award Offer by Aid Year” (select the year you are applying for aid for). Follow all instructions to move through the tabs and submit your award. **You won’t be able to accept your award if you don’t go through each tab first**
2. If you are interested in a Federal Direct Loan and are a new borrower, you’ll need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling (EC) and Complete Loan Agreement for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN) which is your Electronic Federal Direct Master Promissory Note. You will need to sign in with your FAFSA ID and password to complete each of these two steps.
3. Students and Parents are encouraged to review and complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment(ASLA) EACH year to stay informed of their student loan debt.
4. If your parent is interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan and you accepted the PLUS loan when electronically accepting your award offer, your parent needs to view the Direct Parent PLUS Loan information at the above link and your parent must also complete the PLUS Direct Loan Application for Parents.
5. All awards are sent electronically and must be signed electronically. Instructions on how to sign your award offer will be provided in the e-mail. Please note that it is illegal for anyone other than the student to sign the online award offer.