“Rodeo is one of the biggest networking groups in Montana, and your competitors become part of your family,” senior Bulldog Rodeo Athlete Garret Yeager said. “Our coach, JT Robbins, is really focused on the individual needs of everyone on the rodeo team, and the lessons we learn carry with us as we compete in all types of rodeos, including the NRA finals. The NRA rodeos are a great opportunity for us to apply the lessons learned and alternate with the college rodeos throughout the season so you can get a lot of experience and make connections with other competitors and the rodeo community across the state.”
The NRA finalists from Montana Western include:
- Trevor Kay, Bareback, 1st place standing
- Carson Klingler, Saddle Bronc, 2nd place standing
- Luke Murphy, Team Roping (heeler), 2nd place standing
- Mikayla Witter, Breakaway Roping, 2nd place standing
- Garret Yeager, Steer Wrestling, 3rd place standing
- Clayton Haverland, Bull Riding, 7th place standing
- Matt Goings, Team Roping (header), 8th place standing
Six of the seven finalists are also sitting high in the NIRA Regional Rankings, with Trevor Kay leading as the top Bareback rider in the Big Sky Region.
For more information about the Northern Rodeo Association and full event schedule, please visit https://www.northernrodeo.com/.