The Society strives to
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
Candidates for membership in Sigma Tau Delta have attained high academic achievement in the field of English studies.
This year’s inductees include:
Haley Knapp—Dillon, MT
Bryce Biskis—Elliston, MT
Kyrah Jones—Kemmerer, WY
Scarlet Guilbert—Philipsburg, MT
Congratulations to these UMW students for all of their success and hard work. To find out about Sigma Tau Delta’s history, awards, events and more visit their website.