Opening Week Message from the Chancellor
University of Montana Western Chancellor, Dr. Beth Weatherby, shares an opening week video message with faculty, staff, students and the community as the first day of fall semester classes begins next week.
Follow the link to view the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/JEBhnLhMH2I
The faculty and staff at the University of Montana Western and the Dillon community share a welcome video for the incoming Class of 2024 as Montana Western students move into the residence halls this week.
Follow the link to view the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qz1VxO_WABA
The Bulldog Way
We want everyone to come to campus with the mindset that Montana Western, and our surrounding community, is your second home and we are family. We are a pack– and we protect and watch out for each other.
Promote safety the Bulldog Way, which means we each do our part to keep the pack healthy:
- Wear a face covering at all times when indoors and when you cannot socially distance outside.
- Remain close to campus and limit trips outside the Dillon area for the duration of the semester. If you are in public, in Dillon or elsewhere, follow local and state protocols to protect our broader Bulldog community.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
- Take your temperature every day before you come to work or class.
- Maintain physical distancing between others of at least 6 feet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not attend class if you are sick and get medical care if necessary. Contact your instructor to let them know you will be missing class due to illness and to make arrangements for accessing course materials/assignments online.
- If you are contacted by Beaverhead County Public Health, please participate in testing and contact tracing to ensure the safety of the Bulldog Pack.
- Keep your clothing, belongings and personal space clean.
By committing to the Bulldog Way, you can help your fellow Bulldogs get the very most out of their education at Montana Western and show how much we care about our friends, neighbors and generous community supporters. For more information, visit https://www.umwestern.edu/fall-2020-plan/faqs/.
In preparation for the first day of classes for the Fall 2020 semester on August 24, New Student Orientation will begin on Friday, August 21 with student move-in day. Orientation will continue through the weekend with socially distanced activities to welcome new students to the community of Dillon. Click here to view the full schedule of events for New Student Orientation. For questions, please contact the Bulldog Life Office at 406-683-7520 or email [email protected].
Registering for Classes
For new and returning students that may still need assistance registering for classes or questions about upcoming class schedules, the Academic Advising Center can provide assistance with in-person or phone/Zoom appointments.
Students can make a ½-hour appointment by emailing [email protected] or [email protected] or calling 406-683-7050 or 406-683-7049. The center is open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and is located in Main Hall 214.
Our Experience One program, where students take one course at a time and are fully immersed in their studies, delivers experiential learning in a focused, engaged, and supportive learning environment.
The fields of academic study at Montana Western include Biology, Business and Technology, Environmental Sciences, Education, English, Equine Studies, Health and Human Performance, Fine Arts, Mathematics, and History, Philosophy, and Social Sciences.
For more information about Experience One and the University of Montana Western, or to schedule a visit, call 877-683-7331 or visit www.umwestern.edu.