Montana Western Students,
We wanted to let you know that there are still funds available through the federal CARES Act- students looking for additional emergency assistance should submit an application requesting funds.
Funds are limited, so students who have not received any CARES Act funds will be considered first. Below you can review the eligibility requirements and find a link to the CARES Act Application.
If you are a Montana Western student, submitted a FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year to verify that you are a U.S citizen, and your financial situation was negatively impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can apply to receive a lump sum of up to $800. Please see the additional eligibility requirements below. The funding is limited and will be awarded based on the level of student need.
You can submit an online form to request funds by clicking on the link below:
Eligibility Requirements Per Federal Regulations:
- Have completed FAFSA for 2020-2021
- Have a declared major that is eligible for financial aid
- Be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour for the fall semester
- Making Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen
Ineligible Students Per Federal Regulations:
- Students enrolled in a completely online program
- Students in default of federal student loans
Please submit this form as soon as possible if you have been financially impacted due to the COVID-19 pandemic as funds are limited. If you have questions about the CARES Act or your eligibility, please contact Louise Driver, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-683-7893.