This message was sent to all UMW faculty, staff, and students.
As the number of active COVID-19 cases continue to trend downward in Beaverhead County, and in response to recent guidance from the Montana Commissioner of Higher Education, we will be modifying UMW’s COVID-19 protocols as follows:
Effective immediately, face masks will be recommended, but not required, for students, faculty, and staff in campus buildings at the University of Montana Western.
We continue to request that as a university, we are supportive and respectful of others that may, or may not, choose to wear a mask. There are numerous reasons why a mask may be the right decision for someone so please respect their personal choices. If you would like a mask, they will be available for free at the Bulldog Life Office in the basement of the SUB or at offices in the Short Administration Building, including Business Services and the Registrar.
Hygiene and Health Monitoring
At all times, good hygiene is important for our individual and community health. Students, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizer. Likewise, students, faculty, and staff are expected to cover coughs and sneezes.
Any individual experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms should stay home, avoid close interactions with others, and call their healthcare provider for guidance.
COVID-19 testing is available through the local providers listed below.
- Testing is completed by drive-through. Don’t get out of vehicle.
- Please call the testing location BEFORE the testing time to let them know you are coming.
|Barrett Hospital (ambulance bay):
M-F from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
|Community Health Center (parking lot):
M-F from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
|Beaverhead Urgent Care:
M, T, TH, F from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinic
Free COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters will be available at our next upcoming on-campus clinic on Thursday, March 3rd, for all interested students, faculty, and staff.
When: Thursday, March 3rd, from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Bulldog Lounge in the SUB
- This clinic is for Montana Western students or university employees only.
- All students/campus employees must be 18 years or older.
- Appointments are required- please call Rachel Harris at 406-683-7388 to make an appointment.
- Your Bulldog card must be presented at check-in and you will need to bring your vaccination card with you.
- The Beaverhead County Public Health Department requires that masks are worn during the appointment.
- You must be able to wait in the lounge for 15 minutes after receiving your vaccination.
You can also receive vaccinations in Dillon from several off-campus providers. Click here to learn more.
I would like to thank each of you for your perseverance and flexibility over the past two years, and hope you have an excellent spring.
Michael L. Reid