Pre-Master’s Internship/Practicum Placement
The University of Montana Western’s Student Counseling Services offers placement for MA level students in clinical mental health programs. This internship offers dynamic learning experiences while working with a diverse client population and modalities. Interns will have the potential opportunity to co-facilitate a therapeutic group each semester. This position is un-paid.
The following requirements will be used for internship selection at Student Counseling Services.
- Must be enrolled in a master’s level Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Social Work program.
- A commitment of no less than 10 hours per week in the first semester of placement.
- A commitment of no less than 20 hours per week for the second semester of placement.
- Some early evening hours may be required.
- Supervision by a licensed mental health clinician will not be provided. The applicant is required to provide proof of supervision from a board approved supervisor.
- Intern will hold a caseload of clients, participate in meetings and case consultations, will attend in-service training seminars, conduct intake assessments, maintain ethical documentation, and participate in outreach and consultation activities.
Please send the following materials to the Director of Student Counseling, Morgan Bialas, at: [email protected].
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest describing interest and goals for practicum at Counseling Services.
- Unofficial transcripts
- List of 3 references that may be contacted.
- One letter of recommendation from a supervisor who can speak to your clinical work. This letter may be provided from one of your 3 listed references