Facilities Services provides and maintains a rental fleet for use by employees, students, and volunteers who are traveling on official University business. Official university business is activity that directly promotes the mission on the University of Montana Western.
How to rent a vehicle
1. Fill out “Motor Pool Vehicle Request” form below.
2. Once the form is completed with all the required information, it can be submitted.
3. You will receive an email notification verifying that your vehicle has been reserved.
4. Pick up your keys from the Facilities office between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday – Friday.
All employees, students and other individuals renting vehicles from Facilities Services, other outside vendors, or utilizing their private vehicles for University business, must comply with the following Policies and Procedures:
UMW Vehicle Use Policy
1. How do I make a reservation?
a. Access the Facilities Services webpage.
b. Open the “Motor Pool Vehicle Request” form and fill it out.
c. Submit the form
d. You will then receive an email notification verifying that your vehicle has been reserved.
2. I am not sure who the driver(s) are going to be. How can I still reserve a vehicle?
a. Complete the request using your information. When you have the driver’s information, contact the Facilities office to update the information. (This must be done at least 24 hours prior to the reservation checkout time).
3. How do I make a special request for the vehicle (i.e. Hitch, 4×4, etc)?
a. After a vehicle request form has been submitted, email the motor pool office ([email protected]) with any special requests.
4. How do I know my reservation was made?
a. After you submit the request form, you will receive a confirmation email.
5. How do I make changes to my reservation?
a. Call or email the Facilities office to make changes to your reservation.
6. Where do I pick up and drop off the vehicle?
a. You can pick up keys in the Facilities Services office between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Keys can be dropped off in the drop box on the man door on the Motor Pool shop. During business hours (8am – 5pm), keys can also be dropped off in the secure drop box in the entry of the Facility Services office. Vehicles are located behind the Dean of Students Center off of Poindexter St. and can be picked up or dropped off at any time. Please do not park any personal vehicles in the Motor Pool lot.
7. How do I sign up for the “Driver Safety for Campuses” large vehicle training course?
a. Email [email protected] to schedule a class time. Classes can be held 9:00am – 2:00pm Monday through Friday. This course typically takes 2 ½ hours to complete.
8. How much does it cost to rent a vehicle?
UM-Western Motor Pool Rental Rates – Minimum Charge
|Type||Mile Rate||Day Rate|
|Car||$0.37||$16.00 if under 50 miles|
|Mini Van||$0.49||$18.00 if under 60 miles|
|SUV||$0.55||$19.00 if under 40 miles|
|Bus||$0.60||$20.00 if under 40 miles|