At Montana Western, we’re here to help you with your financial questions and needs. Explore our FAQ to learn more about common questions and answers.
Frequently Needed Forms
- Deferred Payment Contract
- Third Party Authorization Form
- What is FERPA?
- Finalization/Authorization Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I LOGON TO MY DAWGS ACCOUNT?
- Visit the DAWGS account web address on the internet
- Scroll down to Tools
- Select Registration/Student Info
- Select Login to Dawgs Enter User ID (Student ID Number)
- Enter Pin Number (Birthday, for example February 12, 1980 would be 021280)
- Click on Login Button
HOW DO I ACCESS MY BILL ONLINE?
- Logon to your DAWGS account
- Select Student Accounts
- Select Account Summary by Term
*You are also able to make an epayment from this page. Scroll to the top of the page and select Make an Epayment.
WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR MY CLASSES?
Payment in full is due on or before the first day of each semester.
THIRD-PARTY BILLING-WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
If a qualified third party is paying your tuition and fees, or any other cost associated with attending UMW, the Third Party Authorization Form will need to be completed, signed and submitted prior to the first day of each semester.
If your Third Party payee prefers to submit their own authorization information, then the below directions must be followed:
- Be submitted on company letterhead and addressed to the University.
- Include student name and ID
- Indicate the start and end date of the sponsorship
- List all fees the sponsor will cover, including the maximum amount that will be paid, if applicable
- Include any special billing instructions such as sponsorship’s billing address, contact name, email address, phone and fax numbers
- Be signed by an authorized official
Sponsorships can qualify for third-party billing if:
- They will cover all or most of your tuition and fees
- They will send payments directly to the University
- They require an itemized invoice to be addressed in their name
Sponsorship do not qualify for third-party billing if:
- Payments will be sent directly to you the student
- Only proof of registration or a copy of your bill is required
Sponsorship does not relieve the student of their financial obligations to the University. If the sponsor fails to pay any amount for any reason, the student will remain responsible for paying their financial obligations to the University.
CAN I MAKE PAYMENTS?
Business Services offers a payment plan.
You may pick up a contract at Business Services or print this Deferred Payment Contract. By entering into this contract, you will be able to pay your bill in four equal payments for Fall and Spring Semesters:
- The first payment (minimum 25% of deferred payment contract) is due on or before the first day of the semester along with the $30.00 deferred payment fee (no exceptions).
- The second payment is due October 1st for the Fall semester, February 1st for the Spring semester.
- The third payment is due November 1st for the Fall semester, March 1st for the Spring semester.
- The fourth and final payment is due December 1st for the Fall semester, April 1st for the Spring semester.
Summer Semester Deferred contract will divide your balance into three payments.
- The first payment (minimum 33.3% of the deferred payment contact) is due on or before the first day of the summer semester plus $30.00 deferred payment fee.
- The second payment is due July 1st for the Summer semester.
- The third and final payment is due August 1st for the Summer semester.
All deferred payment contracts must be paid in full prior to students being allowed to start a new semester’s classes or graduate.
NOTE: Health Insurance payment cannot be included in the deferred payment plan.
If payments are not received in the business office on or before any of these due dates, an additional late charge of $15.00 will be put on your account or your student registration may be dropped for non-payment.
ALL MY FEES ARE BEING PAID BY FINANCIAL AID (or some other source, i.e. Vocational Rehabilitation, Job Service, Department of Military Affairs, etc) IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO DO ABOUT FEES?
Yes, check in at Business Services. We need to know your arrangements. If you do not check in with Business Services, your registration may be cancelled. If your financial aid (or other source) has not paid your outstanding balance on or before the first day of the semester you must enter into a Deferred Payment Contract. For Third Party Payments, the Third Party Authorization Form will need to be completed, signed and submitted prior to the first day of each semester.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact Student Accounts at 406-683-7101 or email your questions to [email protected].
HOW DO I MAKE A PAYMENT ONLINE?
Logon to your DAWGS account
- Select Student Accounts
- Select Make a Payment on Your Account
HOW DO I LOGON TO MY E-MAIL ACCOUNT?
- Enter the web address mail.umwestern.edu on the internet
- Under UMW TOOLS select email
- Type in your Username (example: John Smith would be john.smith)
- Type in your Password (Usually Your Student ID Number)
HOW DO I WAIVE OR KEEP UMW HEALTH INSURANCE?
You are required to complete the online Registration Finalization before you are able to register each semester. The online Registration Finalization consists of seven questions. The fifth question requires you to either accept the University’s health insurance or waive the health insurance. If you have the health insurance charge on your bill you have elected to keep UMW’s Health Insurance. UMW Health Insurance must be waived before the 15th day of the semester.
I selected Yes when I meant to select NO OR I selected NO when I meant to select Yes
Send an email from your student account to [email protected] requesting the survey be reset.
This email must come from your account @umwestern.edu, please include your student ID number.
The online Registration Finalization Form will be reset and you may enter the correct information.
HOW DO I GET MY REFUND?
If you have a refund it will be available for you to pickup at Business Services (a signature is required). Please check your DAWGS account to determine when your refund has been ordered. Refunds are not issued for under $5.
Refund warrants not cashed will staledate with the State of Montana in six months. Please contact Business Services for information on warrant replacement or how to obtain unclaimed funds.
HOW DO I GET MY REFUND IF I AM NOT IN DILLON?
You can request Business Services to mail your refund to you. Send an email from your University account to [email protected]. Please put in the email:
- a request for us to mail the refund
- the term that the refund is for
- your ID number
- the address where you want it mailed
HOW DO I PRINT MY 1098T FORM ONLINE?
- Logon to your DAWGS account
- Select Student Records
- Select Tax Information
- Select View your 1098T Form
- Enter in the Tax Year
- Click on Submit
- Click on File then Print
RETURN OF UNEARNED TUIITION ASSISTANCE (TA) FUNDS
Montana Western returns unearned TA funds on a proportional basis through at least the 60 percent portion of the period for which the funds were provided. TA funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending.
For a normal block period (eighteen days) the following TA funds would be returned to the Military Department:
|Withdrawal Period||Completion Time||Return of Unearned TA Funds|
|1 – 2 days||10%||90%|
|After 11thday||Over 60%||0%|
- In those instances when a Service member stops attending due to military service obligation, Business Services will work with the affected Service member to identify solutions that will not result in a student debt for the returned portion.
- Tuition assistance funds will be returned directly to the Military Service not to the Service Member.
- When using GoArmyEd.com Business Services will request payment after Service member has completed each block.
- If another form of tuition assistance is utilized, Business Services will work directly with the Military Service to return funds within thirty (30) days of the Service member leaving the institution.