Date Adopted: 04/22/2003
Date Revised: 03/17/2005
References: UMW Policy 600.3
Issuing Office: Administration and Finance
Approved By: Susan Briggs
The University of Montana Western has established a Space Allocation Committee, chaired by the Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance, to oversee allocation of space in campus facilities to campus users.
The Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance/Chair of the Space Allocation Committee is responsible for assigning use of all UMW property and facilities after consultation with the rest of the committee. The chair of the Space Allocation Committee assigns the space for specific purposes and may delegate authority to allocate that space to certain departments or directors (600.3 Facilities Use Policy).
- Proposals for changes or new use of space will be submitted in writing to the Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance.
- The Space Allocation Committee reviews and updates UMW’s Policy 600.3 Facilities Use Policy.
- Concerns and issues by or between areas with delegated authority over space will be forwarded to the Space Allocation Committee for resolution.
- The members of the Space Allocation Committee will be appointed by the Chancellor.
- The Space Allocation Committee will meet a minimum of three times per year, and as issues arise.
All property of the University of Montana Western, including all of the buildings and improvements thereof, is the property of the State of Montana and is under the jurisdiction and control of the Board of Regents of Higher Education of the Montana University System. All UMW property is managed for the specific purpose of fulfilling the educational mission of UMW as a State-supported institution of higher education. Accordingly, the use of UMW property and facilities is subject to all applicable state and federal laws, Board of Regents policies, and UMW policies.
Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, Space Allocation Committee