Date Adopted: 12/08/2007
Date Revised: 10/13/2016
Issuing Office: Administration and Finance
Approved By: Susan Briggs
The University of Montana Western provides lifetime privileges to UMW employees with at least 15 years of service, effective upon retirement.
The purpose of this policy is to recognize employee service to UMW through certain lifetime benefits as outlined in this policy.
University employees with a least 15 years of service will receive Lifetime Privileges, effective upon retirement. Only the retiree may receive the designated benefits provided by the card; such benefits shall not transfer to any other individual. A spouse or other family member will not inherit the benefits upon the death of the retired employee. However, the spouse may continue the privilieges for a one-year grace period following the death of the retired.
The Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance or delegee will notify the Student Affairs Office when the employee has signed the appropriate retirement papers. The Student Affairs Office will then change the UMW I.D. card status to Retired with Lifetime Privileges. The retiree must present the revised I.D. card to utilize Lifetime Privileges.
Faculty/staff fee waivers do not apply to Lifetime Privileges.
- Complimentary admission for two to each University-sponsored athletic event
- 10% discount on two tickets for UMW theatrical and musical productions
- Borrowing privileges at the Lucy Carson Library
- Access to the PE Complex for Wellness/fitness activities
- One on-campus parking decal per retiree
- 10% discount at the UMW Bookstore
- 10% discount off flex meal prices at UMW Dining Services
Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance or delegee, Student Affairs Office