124th Annual Commencement Ceremony
COVID-19 and Commencement Ceremony
The effects of COVID-19 continue to make planning for the commencement ceremony a fluid ever-changing planning process. While the University is doing all it can to offer a in person ceremony, we may have to adapt to any changes in COVID-19 regulations. As it stands right now we are offering three ceremonies at the time and place below with the following guidelines.
- Each graduate may have up to 2 guest attend. Guest will be sitting in assigned seating in Straugh Gym that is socially distanced.
- All people in Straugh Gym during the ceremony are expected to wear a mask or other face protectant like a face shield and remain socially distanced.
- Guest showing any sort of symptom like a fever, sore throat ect. should remain home and take advantage of our live stream services.
Commencement Ceremonies April 30th and May 1st
The University of Montana Western is planning three in-person, socially distanced Commencement ceremonies to be held on Friday April 30th and Saturday May 1st. A student’s ceremony is designated by their degree and major. Ceremonies are scheduled for the following days and times:
- Friday April 30th at 3 PM– Business, Health and Human Performance/Kinesiology, and Natural Horsemanship/Equine Studies majors
- Saturday May 1st at 10 AM– Education majors
- Saturday May 1st at 3 PM– English, Fine Arts, Modern History, Psychology, Anthropology and Sociology, Interdisciplinary Social Science, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Environmental Interpretation, Environmental Sustainability, Biology, Ecology, and Associate of Arts/Science majors.
All graduates from 2019-20 (summer 19, fall 19, and spring 20) are invited to join graduates of 2020-21 (summer 20, fall 20, and spring 21) for a day of pomp and circumstance as we celebrate your academic accomplishments. Graduates have received an email about a Commencement Participation form that needs to be submitted by March 26, 2021, in order to participate in ceremonies. The link for the commencement participation form is available at https://www.umwestern.edu/section/commencement-participation-diploma-mailing-instructions/.
Graduates are allowed 2 guests attending their ceremony. We will be live-streaming each ceremony for friends and family that cannot be there in person due to our seating limitations.
Each commencement ceremony will be live-streamed. The live stream address will be posted here closer to ceremonies.
Regalia and Invitations
Regalia includes your cap and gown. The purchase of regalia and invitations is provided by the company Signature A. Signature A website to order regalia, invitations, and/or other graduation celebratory items is www.signaturea.com. All items purchased are sent to the location you select in your order. Make sure it is an address that you can access prior to ceremony so your regalia is available. Orders must be placed by April 8th in order to guarantee on time delivery.
Contact and Further Information
We are excited for the opportunity to honor the Classes of 2020 and 2021. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please continue to check this page for updates.